We’ve been helping people buy and sell homes in East Sussex for over 200 years, so we know the geography, communities and types of property here very well. We offer a wide range of specialist support and services that go beyond basic conveyancing to suit both you and your particular needs - whether you are buying or selling a small piece of land, flat, house, new build or retirement property, from studio flats to multi-million pound properties.
How we can help
- Buying your first home or moving home
- Selling your home
- Re-mortgaging your home
- Shared ownership and staircasing, that’s buying extra shares in your shared ownership property
- Acting for your lender (including any Help to Buy Equity Mortgage and/or Help to Buy ISA and/or LISA)
- Acting for attorneys and executors / personal representatives in property sales
- Buy to let, investment properties and holiday homes (excluding park homes)
- Transfers of equity/Gifting property, whether as part of matrimonial proceeds or gifting property (you may also be referred to our Private Client and/or Family Departments on such matters where the need arises)
- Transfers of part of residential and agricultural land
- Extending your lease or purchasing your freehold (on a statutory or non-statutory basis, with assistance where necessary from our Dispute Resolution Team)
- Declarations of trust and/or private charges to protect your share or interest in a property
- Agricultural land transactions
We also offer fixed fee appointments to cover initial advice on property related matters so just get in touch with us if you don’t see what you are looking for in the list above.
How we work
We combine the values of a traditional law firm with a progressive and forward thinking approach in today’s fast paced property market – all at a competitive and clear pricing structure.
You receive a dedicated and personal service from the outset and, however big or small your transaction, we aim to make the process as easy as possible for you.
One of our experienced and pro-active lawyers with local and regional knowledge looks after you personally on a day to day basis - no faceless teams as is sometimes the case with many online and fixed fee conveyancing practices.
Although we do receive many recommendations from fellow professionals because of the high quality of our service, we do not pay referral fees to estate agents or other professionals. This ensures we remain entirely independent.
We are members of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) - a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing practices. CQS membership establishes a level of credibility for firms with everyone involved such as regulators, lenders and insurers as well as residential homebuyers and sellers.
For further information on any of our residential property services, please contact us - Make an Enquiry.
To read more about our services involving any Property Disputes and Landlord & Tenant matters please see our Dispute Resolution page here.