We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details, preferably in writing. You will not be charged for handling your complaint.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure and confirming the timescale within which we will handle your complaint.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Client Care Partner. Within 15 working days of receiving your complaint he or she will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you or if the complaint relates to a legal issue pass the complaint to the Head of the relevant practice group to provide a report to him or her.
- Our Client Care Partner may invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. If you would like a meeting at any time let us know.
- Within 5 working days of any meeting, our Client Care Partner will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he or she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or for some reason it is not possible, our Client Care Partner will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his or her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 20 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 10 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you may contact:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
If at any time we do not hear from you for a period of 2 months when it would be appropriate for you to respond to us we shall assume you have decided not to pursue your complaint and close our file.