Heringtons is a well-established law firm with over 250 years of history serving our local clients. Our team are forward thinking and incredibly focused on employee engagement and well-being; something that can be hard to find in residential conveyancing.
Our conveyancers are not expected to carry 80+ active files like some of our competitors. We charge fees that are representative of the skills and experience our team possess and the individual targets are set at a level that is reasonable and achievable. You will also have the support of a dedicated secretary, working comparable hours to yourself which, for full-time staff, are Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm.
At Heringtons, we have around 100 members of staff spread over our 5 offices across East Sussex. All our files are maintained digitally, offering the added flexibility for our conveyancers to work from home when needed, although being in the office together is still something we have found to be important, so we do ask you to spend 3 days per week at the office.
Our people make our firm, so we look to recruit the best. We are currently searching for an additional conveyancer to join our team in Rye. If you consider yourself to be personable, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, take a look at the job role, below, and get in touch.
- Supported by a full-time secretary/assistant, you will manage a caseload of residential conveyancing matters including freehold, leasehold, new build, remortgages, transfer of equity and shared ownership.
- You and your assistant will deal with matters from start to finish, including post completion.
- You will be responsible for communicating with clients and third parties whilst maintaining accurate records of all actions taken.
- Monitoring and delegating work to your assistant.
- Relationship management both internally, with colleagues, and externally, with clients and third parties.
You will be
- A Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or Legal Executive with at least 2 years PQE in residential conveyancing.
- A great communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organised and able to work well to deadlines and with multiple objectives at one time.
- Up to £50,000 annual salary plus non-contractual bonus scheme related to your individual billing
- Full support of a secretary/assistant
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and additional leave at Christmas
- Statutory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm with 1 hour for lunch
To apply please submit a covering letter with your CV to HR@heringtons.com