Heringtons is a well-established law firm with over 250 years of history serving our local clients. Our team are forward thinking and incredibly focused on employee engagement and well-being.
We are seeking a Private Client Lawyer based at our Eastbourne office. You will have the support of a dedicated secretary, working comparable hours to yourself which, for full-time staff, are Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm. We are happy to discuss flexible part time working hours though for the right candidate.
At Heringtons, we have around 100 members of staff spread over our five offices across East Sussex. All our files are maintained digitally, offering the added flexibility for many of our lawyers to work from home when needed, although being in the office together is still something we have found to be important, so we do ask you to spend at least one day per week at the office. This is a great opportunity for the right individual who wants to be part of a friendly and relaxed working environment.
Our people make our firm, so we look to recruit the best. We are currently searching for an additional lawyer to join our Private Client team in Eastbourne. If you consider yourself to be personable, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, take a look at the job role, below, and get in touch.
- Supported by a Legal Secretary you will deal with your own caseload of Private Client matters, to include Wills & Probate, Estate Administration, Inheritance & Tax Planning, Power of Attorney and Trusts.
- You will be responsible for communicating with clients and third parties whilst maintaining accurate records of all actions taken.
- Monitoring and delegating work to your Secretary.
- Maintaining client and colleague relationships and frequently communicating with them
You will be
- A Solicitor or Legal Executive
- A great communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- The selected candidate will be expected to work under their own initiative and manage their time and workload appropriately. They will also be expected to be actively involved in marketing opportunities.
- Salary depending on experience plus non-contractual bonus scheme related to your individual billing
- Support of a secretary/assistant
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and additional leave at Christmas
- Statutory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm with 1 hour for lunch; flexible working may be possible for the right candidate.
To apply please submit a covering letter with your CV to HR@heringtons.com detailing the position and branch town in the reference.